Author Topic: Ramps Upgrade to a gen 1 cube  (Read 1191 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Ramps Upgrade to a gen 1 cube
« on: May 23, 2015, 07:26:41 pm »
Its been a bit since I've had time to work on this... Here is what i've accomplished today.

Added connectors to all the steppers, limit switches, and thermistors. This was fun since i really didn't have much around except from servo extensions... These were cut / glued to size and connected to the 3d printer using just heatshink.

As for power i am, for now, using a ATX power supply. I'm supplying 12V to the board via 12V1 and 12V2 each able to give 22 amps.

I have stopped here as it appears i did not get anything to adhere the heatsinks to the stepper drivers. Not sure what i'm going to do. Thinking i might just use the adhesive/surface tension force of arctic silver and hope for the best.

Hoping to learn more about configuring marlin for this printer and seeing if i can get the extruder/bed to reach temp.