Thank you for posting these instructions! They were really helpful. I've been reading a lot of your posts and really appreciate that you've shared so many of your experiences.
Was gifted an old Cube 2 recently, and have been pretty frustrated with the results so far. This is my first 3D printer although I've done plenty of CAD, had parts 3D printed, done CNC work, and know Python. So I feel well armed to try and make your solution work. I ended up going with Cura because a friend recommended it.
Anyway, I had a fair amount of issues getting this to work with your procedure but I think I have something figured out now.
So I had a few issues I think:
- I can't access the version of CodeX you linked to. Found two versions floating around. One written in C, which may or may not work, and what I think is the original CodeX64.exe (on Google Code).
- I initially started with Cura 2.3. Now downgraded to 15.04. However, I think the main issue is that I didn't ahve the machine setting correctly set up. Your profile I guess only covers print settings.
Anyway, for Cube 2, Cura Machine Settings (at least for 15.04) are:
max width/height/depth are all 140mm. (I think this was my main problem!)
Machine center is 0,0.
I had success telling it to use BfB as the "GCode Flavor".
So as sit watching my first Cura print come out, I will start tinkering and see if I can get this all to work in the new version of Cura, and post what I figure out.
I'm so happy with the results so far, and while I still have some clear print optimization to do, at least now I have a chance of doing it!